Accomplishments seem to come easy to them. While they may experience problems and challenges from time to time, they never let them get the upper hand or dampen their positive attitude. These people manage to bypass all the obstacles that get in their way, and things always work out as they plan them to or even better. Being an entrepreneur is not just about having sass and style, it is most importantly about having success. While there are varying definitions of success, in this context success means accomplishing great things, achieving, progressing, and thriving. In order to accomplish great things, you must first decide to do so. In order to achieve, you must make that your intent. Progress by its very definition means to do measurably better than before, and to thrive means to enjoy the work and enjoy the rewards of it. You too can achieve all of your goals and more with these ten tips for accomplishing your goals:
1. Have a Goal – It’s one thing to have ideas about what you want to achieve and it’s another thing to have a focused realistic goal. Everyone can decide who they want to be, what they want their life to be like and what we would like to do and have. Goals are realistic dreams that you work toward achieving.
2. Believe in Your Goals – Believing you can achieve your goals is as important as working toward achieving them. Having a positive mindset each day will allow you to work towards your goals even during difficult periods.
3. Focus – You should have a list of short-term goals and long-term goals that you have thought through, careful that each one is really something that you wish to achieve, and that you are willing to do what it will take to make each one happen.
4. Visualize Your Goals – Think about each of your goals in turn, and get a picture of how things will be when you achieve each goal. Do this daily or twice a day in the morning and the evening, and make it a part of your daily routine.
5. Positive Notes Work – At the beginning and end of each day, you should write about what goals you are going to work towards that day. You can do this on a file in your computer or in a notepad. You can listen to music while doing it to involve both your logical left brain as well as your intuitive and creative right brain in the experience.
6. Live in the Now – When you start to worry about the future this can lead to thinking negatively about yourself, this can manifest into negative self-denigration. Fight this destructive way of thinking by stating the outcome you want in the present tense. “I have…” Write positive affirmations on cards you keep with you at all times, and read them aloud at least twice a day and when you start to feel self-doubt creep in.
7. Set a Date – A goal without a date is just a hope. Don’t be afraid to set a date down for achieving your goals. When checking your progress, you might decide to change the date, but having a date will keep you focused on what you want.
8. Have a Plan – Consider the date on which you decide to achieve each goal, and decide what actions you need to take to arrive at your destination successfully. Write down your plan of action, and keep it where you can see it on a daily basis. If you have an inspiration board, put it next to it.
9. Get to Work – Have tangible plans of action for achieving your goals and don’t let excuses keep you from doing what you need to do whether it’s making calls, meeting people or going places.
10. Accountability is Key – Find a mentor or an advisor who is willing to call and ask how you are doing, someone to whom you are willing to be accountable. Give this person permission to prod and encourage you if you are not doing what you said you would do to achieve your goals.